facebook likes

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Man Makes Career Out Of Garbage

Kenneth Rossouw showing off one of his model trains



















Kenneth Rossouw from Roodepoort is turning his passion and love for vintage trains into a career by crafting exquisitely detailed steam trains out of old junk.
"I make my trains out of cardboard, wire, plastic pipes... anything," Rossouw told Beeld.
The interior and exterior of each train is an exact replica of the ones you can find on tracks around the globe and they take about three weeks to make. His standard model size is about one metre in length and 2kg in weight.
Rossouw said he had, thus far, made about 80 trains, and he had received a few orders, at R3,000 per unit.
"I sell the trains as art. I see myself as an artist... and I hope to have my own shop one day," he added.
Browse through the gallery to see Rossouw doing what he loves...

No comments:

COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...