facebook likes

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Robin Thicke on Oprah’s Next Chapter: ‘I’m the Twerkee, I’m Twerked Upon’

Robin Thicke - Oprah InterviewRobin Thicke - Oprah Interview 1

Miley Cyrus may be out here stretching this twerk fiasco for as long as she can, but Robin Thicke is having another “Mama I made it!” moment by snagging his first Oprah interview.
[It's about time this man gets some props!]   In a clip from his upcoming episode of Oprah’s Next Chapter, Robin will be dishing to Oprah about his marriage to Paula Patton, family life and his controversial VMA performance with Miley Cyrus. In the preview clip, Oprah brings up the twerking fiasco, and Robin responded:
Robin: This is funny to me, it’s silly.
Oprah: You don’t think of it as sexual?
Robin: Well, I was onstage, [so] I didn’t see it. So to me, I’m walking out toward Miley, I’m not thinking sex, I’m thinking fun.
Oprah: But she’s twerking up against your…cojones.
Robin: I’m singing my butt off. I’m singing and I’m looking at the sky and I’m singing and I’m not really paying attention to all that. That’s on her. *laughs* I’m the twerkee, I’m twerked upon. I don’t twerk myself.
Robin also talks about the twerking fiasco in the November issue of Vanity Fair,  where he says:
I spent my whole career playing it safe, being a gentleman, never doing anything controversial. I didn’t see [the V.M.A. performance] because I was onstage singing my a– off. They told me [beforehand] that Miley’s going to take her clothes off and dance around and she might bend over… I just said, I don’t care, let’s entertain the people. Let’s give them something they’re not ready for, let’s make them talk.
Hopefully, years from now Robin will be remembered for the amazing catalog of music he has and the VMA performance will be an afterthought.
Peep a few clips of Robin’s interview with Oprah below:


The episode will air this Sunday, October 13 at 9pm.

No comments:

COMMENTS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...